Wednesday, May 30, 2007

James Lee

This week I got a new mobile phone. I love my phone so much that I always have it with me, but I am not allowed to take it to school. If you would like my phone number please email me and I'll send it to you.

The other weekend I went to Parkway Parade. Parkway Parade is a shopping mall a short distance from our house.
When I was in parkway parade I was buying some chocolates for my mum for mother’s day. After I had bought her some chocolates I went to the bookshop on the bottom floor to have a look at some books.
There was a big crowd in the bookshop, so we went to see what was going on. All the people were queuing up to see James Lee.
James Lee is an author; he has written a series of books called ‘Mr. Midnight’ which I think are really good!
I bought 5 of his books and got him to sign them. While he was signing them he asked me some questions, such as: “Where are you from?” and “How long have you been living in Singapore?”
After he had signed the books I told him I had a sister called Lucinda and that she had written the first page of a story for him.
In the back page of his books he invites readers to start a book and he then finishes it.

When he had signed my books he gave me a goodie bag, it contained: two magnets, a poster, some bookmarks and some notepads.

After buying my books we went home. When Lucinda saw everything she took it around to her friend Erssy’s house. Erssy and Lucinda then wanted to go to parkway parade, so we all went out again.
When I saw James Lee for the second time, he recognized me and asked “Is this Lucinda?” and I said yes.
Erssy and Lucinda bought some books and went to get them signed. Then James Lee wrote our names on a piece of paper and said “I will keep this with me and put you in danger in the next book I write” We all got excited and started to think of the first page of a story we could write for him.

Next we went to get some ice cream, I had a dark chocolate, Erssy had a Belgium chocolate and Lucinda had the same.
After we had eaten our ice creams we went back home had some dinner then went to bed and that day was very fun!!


No comments: